Saturday, January 30, 2010

Alyssa is Two!

Isn't amazing how time flies? Our Alyssa is now two years old! I really wanted to plan a great party for her birthday, partly because it is so close to Christmas. And partly because we didn't really want to acquire more stuff, so her party was her main present. She chose a ladybug theme.

I wanted to have as many ladybug activities appropriate to two year olds as I could think of. First we colored ladybugs on leaves. In the back you can see the "tree" that we taped our leaves onto.

Everyone loved decorating this cute bug with some spots.

This is the first time I have really attempted to decorate a birthday cake. But how could we have a ladybug party without a ladybug cake? I have to admit, I really had a lot of fun making the cake and decorations.

We got the book "The Grouchy Ladybug" for Alyssa to go along with our theme. We also made ladybug antennae to wear at the party. Alyssa was really funny. She loved them on everyone else, but refused to wear them herself. Anytime I prompted her to put them on, she would choose someone else, declaring "Momma wear them", or my favorite, "Daddy wear them". I wish I had gotten a picture of that. Happy birthday Alyssa!

No comments:

Post a Comment