
Alyssa has been working on perfecting her block tower. I think she's doing a pretty good job.

Here is the butterfly that I made with clay, and the squished piece that Alyssa made. Notice that the head and part of the wing are missing? Sophia was feeling a little left out and bit them off. Thank goodness the clay was made out of edible components. Of course, she still threw it up a few minutes later.

While I assumed that Alyssa would be really interested in the homemade clay, she preferred to play with the dog's food and water. I'm not quite sure why this is so fascinating, but she tries to do it at least once a day. Sophia is amazingly patient with this intrusion into her territory.

So what did I learn today? Sometimes the activities I plan do more to keep me entertained than Alyssa. But, I think it's good for both of us to try new things, so we will press on in our explorations. Next week, who knows? I haven't planned that far ahead yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment